We are organizing a CBG workshop held one Saturday a month at the 61 roadhouse & kitchen in Webster Groves MO. (St. Louis Area).  This is also the home to the St. Louis CBG festival each year.

Bill Kunz of 61 has been generous in offering us a place to meet, practice, discussed ideas and what ever members decide to do with the time. Gary Herget and myself are contacts for this club and are open to ideas to make this a fun club. As soon as we have commitment from members, we can set up a Saturday each month to meet mornings. We haven't set a day or start time as of yet. We need to know who can commit at least to a start up and discuss as a group when and how we want to run this. Possibilities are great!

Views: 9820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Raffle for the Swamp Witch Six String Heroes has began. Tickets are now available for purchase, get them now for this years 4th annual St. Louis Cigar Box Festival. The proceeds go to the non profit Six String Heroes that serve our veterans in a unique way. Contact info is posted on FB pages ( St. Louis MO. Cigar Box Guitar Club )

and ( 4th Annual St. Louis Cigar Box Guitar Festival ) all on Facebook links to more event info.

This is a fun instrument to add to your arsenal.

Get your raffle tickets before the festival and get in the drawing for the custom 3 string Swamp Witch guitar made by the anonymous pick for non profit fundraisers Six String Heroes! Ticket are two for $10. first 50 purchasers get a special gift dog tag made off a WWII military dog tag machine and original stainless steel tags. Once they are gone they're gone. However, you will be in the drawing to win this unique one of a kind guitar. Contact me for tickets at smilingdogguitars@yahoo.com or frogking1958@yahoo.com. (pay pal for your tickets to my pay pal acct# frogking1958@yahoo.com, your payment is your receipt, please leave me an email or PH# to contact winners. We would like to post winners name unless you say otherwise. For out of town winners, please be prepared to cover shipping.

This Saturday 3/19 is our next club meeting, anyone and everyone welcome to have a great time.

See everyone this Saturday. Get ready to jam!

Here is another version of the roadhouse song from last year.

https://youtu.be/-7CVqRZ_534

The club is the place to be coming up on our festival in June. So much happening each meeting.

Bring your hunger for the homemade music in this town!

This Saturday 4/16 is our next meeting, got some suprises to show everyone hope to see you there!

Thanks for bring in the Six String Hero Swamp Witch today Gary.

Looked great and played sweet tunes.

Sold more tickets for the raffle and got two more vendors on board.

Looks like open mic is going strong this year, more people seem to be interested in it. Hope those who are holding back will step up and enjoy this celebration.

It would be nice if I could make a few of these meets. The guitar sounds like a real winner. Looking forward to seeing it. Really hoping to do the open mic thing this year myself. Hopefully not crash and burn like i have in the past. 

Rat, you and MR. C are both missed at the meetings lately. We do understand that a living has to be made and that you will eventually get to join us. Hope the both of you are well and will see you when we can. The fest Swampy was a big hit with everyone, enjoyed hearing Mark a newby playing his harp, and enjoyed great building conversations with everyone. See all next month.

This Saturday the 18th is our next club meeting at the roadhouse at 9am, see 'ya there.

I'm gonna be there ma9 not 9am!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans May 5. 6 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Carl Floyd liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
May 25
Poorness Studios liked A.D.EKER's video
May 10
Cigar Box Nation posted a status
"You're about to see a new Nation!"
May 10
Poorness Studios liked Steve Holladay's video
May 10
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's album
May 9
A.D.EKER posted photos
May 9
A.D.EKER posted photos
May 9
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
May 9
A.D.EKER posted a video

RunAway Girl BCB 2024

Domestic Disturbance Home cruelty and mis understanding today's Problem Child, true all times leads to Runaway's Girls & boy's that run away from there see...
May 9
BrianQ. commented on Cigar Box Nation's status
"Got my popcorn ready, waiting for the show! :)"
May 9
BrianQ. commented on Rich's photo
Thumbnail

RTL Drawing box 1

"Defending the nation, one cbg at a time!!!"
May 9
BrianQ. liked Rich's photo
May 9

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->